Salary: Very wealthy.
- Magic Staff Spells mostly. He sometimes uses a wand.
- Thunderbolt Zap: A loud lightning bolt conjured from the atmosphere using his magic staff.
- Manipulation Spells.
Occupation/Employer: Head Vespercestor. O Enchantedness Quotes: “At an early age, my father, the Great Rendum LaRock, took me to the Den of Divination, and we knelt before the gilded statue of Ancient Head Vespercestor Ramrod. It was there that I came to realize that the LaRock bloodline must govern Mystic Steeples if it is to grow and prosper the way the Ancients would have it grow. Know ye this: It is not for myself that I lead with discernment; it is for the benefit of the masses, even those who must be ostracized. The Ancients have declared their command in stone and papyrus: let he that hath an inner eye discern, the Ancestors have appointed the LaRocks torule over the Sanguinati.” “I feel more vulnerable when I’m not behind my grand podium. Only then do I think they see my humanity if it were possible.” Political Beliefs/Affiliations: Urbanne is traditional Sanguinati, at heart and progressive on the surface. He vacillates between the two and gives favors according to rank.
O Enchantedness Quote: “When the Sanguinati gives their life to defend Mystic Steeples it touches me to my innermost mortal coil.” Job-Related Skills:
- Urbanne primarily leads Convocation (Mass Assembly) and governs Mystic Ministry, including the theurgists. He often feels the need to involve himself in the selection and recruiting of potential initiates into Sanguinati apprenticeships.
- In recent years, Urbanne has been allowing Nizzertits and Sorcerers in Mystic Steeples for money or personal gain; however, Sorcerers are not allowed to practice Sorcery and must renounce any connection with it entirely. Nizzertits (common folk who have no inherent magic ability) are allowed to attend Convocation as well, but they have to pay a substantial amount of globulnugees.
- Nizzertits with less money may become apprentices on a work admittance program. In this program, they must agree to work whatever menial jobs the Vespercestors give them.
O Enchantedness Quote: “I abhor people who question a decision I’ve made. I have no choice but to avoid the nobodies who want to talk to me or waste my foreordained time. Do not think me, unkind; I am not without mercy. I shall cast an enchanted benediction at them from my lofty balcony as I do every Sanguinati sabbat. I use my extra-long magic staff for such occasions.” Spouse: Mahrata Meducy Candlewicke LaRock.
O Enchantedness Quote: “Naturally, before marrying Mahrata, I had to check her bloodline, loyalty, etc.”
Parents' Names & Occupations:
- Father: Rendum LaRock. He was a former Head Vespercestor. After death, he became an Ancient.
- Mother: Vestal Westbrook LaRock.
O Enchantedness Quote: “My parents were devout and mighty leaders. I, O Enchantedness, am doing what they would have me do.”
Other Family Members: *Lineage of LaRock (See chart below)
- Brother: Ulysses LaRock.
- Daughter: Ambergis LaRock DaDovie.
- Daughter: Banzalta LaRock Drayn.
Urbanne has a gamut of nieces, nephews, and grandchildren.
O Enchantedness Quote: “I had two daughters, and they received a mighty, mighty curse upon themselves. The astral realm knows I always wanted to have a son to take over as head vespercestor. Obedient family members deserve the best; my dearest friends can scramble over whatever is left.” Hobbies/Recreations: Fishing for fork-tail puffers, bragging about his self control and standards, gleaning the conjure offerings. He works to see Mystic Steeples rise to the former glorious state it once was, with a LaRock dominating every position from the vespercestory, theurgy, to the ticket-booth staff. Friends' Names & Occupations: Teddyus Manoj, Tilta Crumpecker, and many of the vespercestors. O Enchantedness Quote: “When I enter a room, I look to see if there are any people on my blacklist, then I look for my allies.”
- Food and Drink: Urbanne brags that he eats little. He drinks his potions and mood potions hot. He takes some herbs. He is always clearing his throat and blaming it on the ‘tonics’ he supposedly has to drink.
- Art: He is not a fan of art and seems to fear it, but he likes sports and reading.
- Music: Piano, organ, choir, and traditional songs. He listens to music to make himself feel charged by the Ancients.
- Literature: The Controssua and Ambergis Oracles are his favorites.
- Décor: He approves all the décor at Mystic Steeples.
- Clothing: He wears large shoulder pads under his long coats and robes. He tucks his pant legs inside his tall boots. He wears dark cloaks but silky colored shirts in historical patterns.
Voice: O Enchantedness raises and lowers his voice, always comparing something to some verse in the Controssua. His voice may crack if he gets emotional. He rambles too much and often promises everything but delivers nothing. He gets addicted to certain words and often slips into malapropisms and spoonerisms. O Enchantedness Quote: “Hear ye, my people, you must see those who oppose our leadership as the dark, *weevil itches* they are.” Quote from Valor McRaven: “My dear, that is absurd. You cannot have me believe that the next time a weevil causes me to itch, I might have opposed O Enchantedness in some way.” (*Example below from a Landmarks and Lagging Loyalties speech in Convocation, where Urbanne surely intended to say *evil witches* but who knows with all the herbs and potions he has to take?)
Sign Up for Milan's Newsletter!
Modification or Removal of Your Data: To remove yourself from this mailing list, or to correct prior information, request details of your personal data, or to delete personal data collected about you, email the administrator at MilanSergent.com along with your request using the email address provided on this website. Please note: If you delete your personal data from our records, you may be unable to use this website's portions or features.