Book of Potions
- Place hexing mantis spit and baldmoney root into an unpurified iron cauldron.
- Pour swamp water over the ingredients and bring brew to a hissing steam.
- Add one vial of freshly hatched roundworms and five unique petals of purple to the mixture and stir widdershins thirteen times.
- Kill the flame and leave brew to congeal for approximately three night’s sleep.
MOOD MELLOW POTIONUse: These vials of potions help with anxiety and depression.Classification: This brand of mood enhancer potion is trademarked, patented, and sold in store.Incantation: “Theoretically dry hereafter.” This incantation is spoken by the manufacturer of the potion while brewing it. No incantation is required by the users of this potion.Users: Lithium McRaven.Ranking: Mood enhancers are magister-level potions. Correspondences: Brew on a Saturday during a sun hour.
- Pour lustral water into a large iron cauldron while a violin plays.
- Ease seven peewits' plumes, seven black onyx stones, and pampered comfrey into the cauldron. Slowly increase the flame to bring the cauldron to its first ripple, then stop violin music. Bring cauldron to a simmer, then add a ladle scoop of sunflower seeds to the mixture and stir in a cross-motion for seven minutes. Remove from heat and laugh into cauldron until all steam dissipates. Steam distill the potion seven times before filling vials.
NOTION POTIONUse: Notion Potions are popular beverages that come in a variety of colors and flavors, each with its own name. Each flavor enhances the mood or sensation attributed to its name.Classification: Sanguinati potion.Incantation: Each flavor requires a different incantation.Users: Notion Potions are a patented product by a company called Notion Potion Bottlers Inc. The Potions are mostly sold by vendors on the streets, mostly on Crumrod Crawl.Ranking: Notion Potions are trade secreted and patented formulas.Correspondences: Each flavor of Notion Potion requires a different set of ingredients, correspondences, and incantation.Limitations: Some witches become addicted to the beverages, and their experiences with the drinks become more intense. PLAGUE OF PERSUASION POTIONPronunciation: [PLAYguh of pərˈswāZHən].Use: A topical potion that, along with a chant, inflicts every known disease on a person if they do anything to rebel against Mystic Ministry.Classification: Sanguinati potion.Incantation: The Plague of Persuasion chant/spell is required to activate the potion.Users: Vespercestors, qualified Ministry, and dwarves who work for Tilta Crumpecker.Ranking: Restricted magister level.Correspondences: This potion is stored inside a besprinkling wand.Limitations: The spell is supposedly irreversible and requires a spell chant. Once the potion hits the skin, it vaporizes into purple smoke. RESURRECTION POTIONUse: When an advanced witch correctly creates the Resurrection Potion, it can bring the dead back to life. It is mostly used on pets and Familiars these days.Classification: Sanguinati potion. This spell has been banned and unbanned countless times by the Vespercestors. Currently, the ban is lifted, but any Sanguinati witch attempting to use this spell must submit to a High Court trial and obtain the proper permits.Incantation: “As I drink this potion, hear my bid, o sleeping corpse. Obey my motion; rise from your grave and exit Death’s door—live, for you are now restored!”Users: Necromancers, Noctivatians, and Master-level Sanguinati witches.Ranking: Magister Level.Limitations: Resurrection Potion is perhaps one of the most powerful, rarest, and hardest potions to produce; nevertheless, resurrection spells are usually only successful in conjuring the intended dead person’s spirit, which can have good or bad results, depending on how the spirit feels about being drawn from his or her body. Even if a witch manages to resurrect a dead person, that person may not be quite the same in any manner.
- Pour lustral water and yellow bile into a large iron cauldron. Bring this to a boil over flames and smoking frankincense.
- Toss twelve red peppers and two fire opals in the mixture and stir clockwise for half an hour.
- Heat mixture again with dragon’s breath and add four molten-lava stones.
- Let the mixture cool for two-plus days before bottling.
SEDATION BUBBLESUse: Sedation Bubbles: A pink potion used mostly in maximum security at Grossatete Sanatorium. It sends a shower of pink bubbles into the air and sedates the inmates, keeping them from rioting.Classification: Sanguinati potion.Incantation: “Bubbles, bubbles, serene and calm, send showers of sedation from dusk till dawn.” This incantation is spoken by the manufacturer of the potion while brewing it. No incantation is required by the users of this potion.Users: This potion is used by Mystic Ministry, mostly in maximum security at Grossatete Sanatorium.Ranking: Mid-level.Correspondences: Begin potion on a Friday in the hour of Venus.
- Pour seawater, gathered from low tide, into a cauldron. Bring this to a boil over low flames.
- Add seven marsh mellows (gathered from a marsh during the calm before a storm) in the mixture and gently stir clockwise for twenty minutes.
- Speak the chant through a straw into the mixture; this will add the bubbles needed for later.
- Let mixture cool on a Lazy Susan; slowly rotate under a full moon for four hours before bottling.
- In a polished kettle, bring to a boil of lustral waters and a pound of driven snow, one mirror that has never reflected darkness, seven diamonds rings from virgin fingers, and one jar of baby fireflies.
- To avoid the risk of contamination, do not stir this mixture with anything but a wand spell.
- Process mixture in the noon sun until mixture congeals.
- Gather eight-plus bushels of whipping podgrass and poppies at 4:00 a.m., preferably during a whirlwind.
- Add whipping podgrass and poppies, a crow's foot, and a jar of fog to a cauldron of magnetized water.
- Stir with a pendulum, and leave covered with an iron lid when it starts to produce fumes.
- To avoid passing out from the fumes, a fresh air spell must be cast, or a mask must be worn while bottling.
- Gather seven statues of Sanguinati Ancients, especially a statue of Virtuous XXX and place them around the cauldron with purple candles lit on their heads.
- Into a purified cauldron of lustral water, add seven purple grapes, seven amethyst stones, seven cups of wormwood, seven cup of weeping wishtearia blooms, and seven teaspoons of bull ashes.
- With a slippery elm wand, cast a wind spell to stir cauldron contents for seven minutes.
Ointments & Other Odd Treatments
Sign Up for Milan's Newsletter!
Modification or Removal of Your Data: To remove yourself from this mailing list, or to correct prior information, request details of your personal data, or to delete personal data collected about you, email the administrator at MilanSergent.com along with your request using the email address provided on this website. Please note: If you delete your personal data from our records, you may be unable to use this website's portions or features.